Welcome to the wonderful world of beautifying saffron!
The mesmerizingly subtly aromatic spice is one of the most prominent ingredients used in skin lightening creams.
Saffron Benefits For Skin
- To your skin Saffron is an excellent skin toning agent. It helps in eliminating the blackheads and unclogs the clogged pores. Saffron also scavenges the free radicals and promotes better circulation to the face, thereby ensuring that the skin looks toned and firm. Soak the saffron in rose-water, scrub your face, and apply on the face to get the natural look.
- For a radiant, glowing skin: Make a mask by mixing 1 tsp sandalwood powder, 2 to 3 strands of saffron and 2 spoons of milk. Apply the pack on cleansed face, when your skin is still wet. Now massage your face well in circular motion, leave for 20 minutes, and then wash off with water. Continue for a week for a glowing natural skin.
- Innate skin lightening agent packed with various vitamins such as A, C, and the B vitamins, saffron is known to possess skin lightening properties. Crush 5 strands of saffron in a mixture of 5 tbsp milk and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Apply on your face and massage for 5 minutes. Wash off after 15 minutes to showcase a tan free, lighter skin.
- Natural cure for inflammatory skin conditions: The innate anti-inflammatory nature of saffron that arises from the presence of antioxidants enables it to be used as a potent tool against various skin conditions such as pimples, acne, and Rosacea.
- Keeps the skin hydrated: The moisture absorbing and enhancing nature of saffron makes it an ideal home remedy for dried, chapped skin. Soak 8 strands of saffron in 1 tbsp of honey. Apply the mixture on your face and massage in gentle circular motions. Leave on for 15 minutes and wash off with water for a hydrated, glowing skin.
Saffron Benefits For Hair
- Home remedy for alopecia: Hair loss can be combated using saffron since it is loaded with abundant quantity of antioxidants. It repairs hair follicles and promotes hair growth. It was found to be one of the best treatments for alopecia. Soak well a few strands of saffron into milk and add liquorice powder to it. Mix well to make a smooth paste. Apply this over the scalp and hair. Leave for few minutes and wash gently.
- Antidote for hair damages: Add one teaspoon saffron strands crushed or a little saffron powder to almond oil or olive oil in a bowl. Heat on low flame for 5 minutes. Once it attains room temperature, pour it into a bottle and store. Day by day, the beneficial ingredient present in saffron gets mixed with the oil gradually. Shake the bottle well and apply a little quantity over the scalp and hair regularly. This will protect the hair from damage and promotes hair growth as well as arresting hair fall.
Saffron and milk face pack for glowing skin
Saffron is a rich source of health benefit nutrients like vitamins A, B, C, foliate and minerals like zinc, potassium and sodium that rejuvenates skin cells and promotes the regeneration of new cells. It helps in skin lightening, improve skin tone and remove dark spots and blemishes. Mix saffron and milk together that works better to lighten skin tone and soothe rashes.
Saffron, lemon and milk pack for tan removal
Saffron helps to remove tan, dark spots and pigmentation. The vitamins present in A, B1, B2, B3 and C that helps to protect the skin against sun damage, and reduces skin sensitivity to sunlight. To balance uneven skin tone, fading the darkness caused by tanning along with blemishes and age spots.
Take 5 tablespoons of warm milk in a glass bowl and add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to it. Mix them well and add some milk into it. Add 4 -5 strands of saffron to it. Mix them well and apply it on your face and neck. Massage using a soft circular motion for about 5 minutes. Leave it for about 15 minutes. Then wash it off with water. After cleaning, apply oily moisturizer. Repeat it 3 – 4 times a week to get better results.
Saffron, basil leaves face packs to treat pimples and acne
Saffron has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal property that fights skin infections and treat acne and pimples. It prevents breakouts, and soothes redness, burning, and pain. It also lightens the blemishes and scars left by pimples and acne.
Take 12 – 15 strands of saffron and soak it in 1 tablespoon of rose water for about 1 hour. Then take a handful of fresh basil leaves. Turn it into a thick paste. Then add saffron into it and mix them well. Apply this paste on your face and leave it for about 30 minutes. Then wash it off with water. Repeat it regularly to get rid of pimples and acne.
Saffron, sandalwood, and milk face pack for smooth, bright skin
Soak 4 – 5 strands of saffron in ½ cup of thick cream milk for 1 hour. Then the milk turns into yellowish hue. Then add 1 tablespoon of pure sandalwood paste to it. Mix them well and apply them on your face and neck. Leave it for about 30 minutes. Then wash it off with water. Apply this paste everyday to get smoother, brighter and blemish free skin naturally.
Coconut milk and saffron
Saffron is the age-old secret recipe for glowing skin, and coconut milk is known for moisturisation. Make a face pack by boiling a pinch of saffron in a cup of coconut milk for about five minutes, and allow it to cool and thicken. Apply this on your face, to leave your skin feeling refreshed and glowing.
Saffron and honey face pack to moisturize dry skin
Saffron has natural healing and moisturizing properties to reduce dryness and itching. It helps to improve blood circulation through the skin to make it healthier and suppler. Combine saffron with honey to get nourish dry skin that helps in hydrating dry skin.
Take 1 tablespoon of honey in a glass bowl and add 6 – 8 strands of saffron to it. Let it covered and leave it for about 10 minutes. Then apply it on your face. Massage gently in circular motion for about 10 minutes. Leave it for about 15 minutes. Then wash it off with water. Repeat it daily to get natural hydrated and supple skin.
Saffron, and rose water face pack for skin toning
Saffron works to cleanse the skin and remove dead cells, dust and impurities from skin and unclog the skin pores. It also helps to remove blackheads. It improves blood circulation and anti-oxidants fight against free radicals and oxidative stress. It also tightens sagging skin and prevents premature skin aging and the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines.
Take 2 tablespoons of rose water and add 5 – 6 strands to it. Soak it for about 1 hour, then the water gets the color of the saffron. Dip a cotton ball and dab it on your face and then wipe it off with dust and impurities. It helps to remove makeup from the skin. It acts as a toner that can be stored in a clean container and keep it in refrigerator.
Saffron and milk powder improves the skin texture
Saffron has antibacterial properties that brighten the skin. Saffron is best for glowing skin and has property to improve the texture of the skin. Take ½ cup of water and boil them for about 10 minutes. Add 4 – 5 strands of saffron in 4 tablespoons of milk powder. Mix them well in water. Apply this paste on your face and leave it for about 10 – 15 minutes. Wash it off with cold water. This helps to improve skin texture of your face.
Milk, olive oil, sugar, water, and saffron pack to treat dull skin
The combination of all these ingredients gives a fresh looking skin. This mask helps to give fresh up dull looking skin. It also helps to erase dark circles under the eyes. Take 2 – 3 strands of saffron and add them into one teaspoon of water. Let it stay overnight. In the next day morning, the color of water turns to yellow. For this add one teaspoon of milk, 2 – 3 drops of olive or coconut oil, and a pinch of sugar to saffron water. Now, dip a piece of bread in this mixture. Apply this over your face. Let it dry for about 15 minutes. Wash it off with water. This pack helps to exfoliate your skin and helps in blood circulation. This gives a smooth and glowing skin.
Sunflower seeds and milk for fairer skin
Saffron has skin lightening properties. Soak a few sunflower seeds and 2 – 3 saffron strands in a little amount of milk overnight. In the morning, grind them into smooth paste. Apply this paste on the face and neck. Make sure to clean the face before applying it. Leave it for about 15 minutes. Rinse it off with plain water. This gives a fairer skin with glowing skin. Daily drink a glass of milk with 3 – 4 strands of saffron once or twice a day will improve the skin complexion.